i was wondering why I am so panicked by today’s meeting with the school superintendent. It has no obvious relationship with CSA issues. But I figured it out.

It is the same as the feeling I got from the step-father – the first abuser. The rising nausea, the gurgling, loosening bowels, the clenched cramping gut, the sinking heart, the dread and fear and helpless sensations – all are being re-lived. I have never done well with authority figures. I fold up, turn inward, shrink, disappear. And he is coming for a meeting today. Inside sources tells me he will be chastising the entire staff and presenting ultimatums. Scary.

He looks and acts nothing like the step-father. But there are other similarities – his inability to see anything from another’s perspective, his cutting tongue, his insistence upon his absolute power, his arrogance, his ability to ruin one’s future.

I have said this before – all my abuse was part of the same “thing” – I cannot separate the verbal or emotional abuse from the physical or sexual abuse. They were all esteem-destroying, identity–mangling, and soul-wounding. So – yeah – it does have a lot to do with CSA.

lee

Edited by traveler (11/14/12 08:29 PM)
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho