I have experienced all those periods you describe. I wasn't allowed to cry as a child. I would be ridiculed or even punished for crying. Being told I was just a drama queen. Abuse would even be worse if I was crying, sometimes with the explanation that it was my own fault for annoying the abuser by crying, sometimes with the explanation that tears are so beautiful he just couldn't help himself...

So crying is not easy for me. Though during periods of healing I have been crying too much. I had some months where I would barely leave the house because I would start crying at any time. It was embarassing. I think the feelings I had then was loss and grief. Everything reminded me of the mother and father I had lost (by realising the truth about the abuse) and it was so painful.

Still I have days and sometimes a week when it is too much crying. I can be triggered by anything, usually a smaller mistake I make like saying something stupid, and then it's like I stand beside myself watching myself cry desperately, thinking this is crazy...

Well, I still think the overcrying has a point. There must be so much crying stored up in you. But I realize the problem.