More than once, I have heard people say that they did not believe another member's story. Some say "mine is worse than yours" even. My T taught me that it is not a competition of any kind. One act of abuse, or dozens...it is all wrong. I spent to much time (before seeking help) playing the game of telling myself...who am I to complain when someone else's life is worse?

My T (therapist) has shown me that is wrong thinking. Abuse programs us in to many bad ways, and that thinking was my own rejection of myself, thanks to "them". I don't believe it any more either. Here we need to support each other. We don't need more doubt or rejection as so many of us have gotten that in our lives. I am finding help here, and still making mistakes in life too, but I am moving forward. But the people who set up this site intended it to be a safe place, and a place to find support and healing too. Rejecting anyone's story does not contribute to either their healing or our own. Our anger needs to be directed at those who hurt us and not at other survivors.

I am so grateful for this site! smile