Scott,

That is what most churches worry about--the experience like watching a Taylor Swift (love her stuff) concert. That's why I don't watch them on TV (that and the begging for money 24/7 - 'PLEASE, SEND YOUR DONATION SO WE CAN CONTINUE TO BEG FOR YOUR CASH. I NEED A NEW WING ON MY AIRPORT!!! LOL).

I don't watch TBN on principle since that old guy had sex (RAPED!) with an underage boy and paid him off $350,000 approx. If that stuff helps people on tv, that's cool. Not my thing. The church with the Apostle is the cultish one here. They all have the name on their cars and if you ask them where they go, they all say, "I go to the <NAME>!" Not putting my location in public. Too many also tie any help to membership. Few work together.

There is nothing wrong with a nice church building if you are meeting the community's needs. If your pastor is preaching about tithes every other week in an ultra-modern building, something is wrong. Churches that meet the needs of the community in which they serve I don't think have money problems often just rarely. The Catholic Church is having money problems because all their sinning.

God knocked Paul off his camel. Paul was single, not because he had to be, but because all his sinning. God didn't care, Paul couldn't forgive himself. His deal of getting Christians to deny Christ then kill them was the chief sin of his. So, he traveled far and wide to bring more in as his own penance. We are not meant to be single. Eunuchs are very, very rare. Just look at all the child rape going on in the RC and see that that singlehood is baloney. Get married or burn, the Bible says.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"