Originally Posted By: JustScott
My experience thus far is that most churches are utterly unequipped to do anything but pray for those with physical illnesses and issues. Anything else and they just tell you to pray more, trust God more, etc.

Recently had a moron tell me that if a 12 step program didn't work for me, then I was doing it wrong..... I felt like reaching through my screen, through the internet, and out his just so I could bitch slap him for being a moron.

But as that was physically impossible, I just ignore the SOB while I rolled my eyes. People like that aren't worth the energy.

Scott,

Been my experience. I don't know if it's just ignorance or a refusal to do anything. Probably both. I get ya on the 12 step thing. Ridiculous. I got the judging assholes who said, "must not know Jesus if depressed." You know why some judge those with problems (besides ignorance--which is some, too), because they dont want to help just give generic talking points. They were also the first ones that wanted to talk my ear off with their problems. Sheesh! With friends like that, we don't need enemies, Scott.

Edited by phoenix321 (10/31/12 03:27 PM)
Edit Reason: add

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"