With all of the news coverage of Sandusky and the Scout files-plus a local case, I became angry and irritated for no apparent reason (at least to my wife and employees). I had trouble sleeping and several times I almost woke up my wife in the middle of the night to tell her what was on my mind.

She is very perceptive and told me she began to suspect something might have happened to me when I was a kid after I made a number of comments about the Boy Scouts and made mention of a former neighbor. I finally opened up to her and told her(almost) everything I could remember and what I was feeling. I was shocked at how something that happened to me 25 years ago came rushing to the forefront of my thoughts. The memories were always there and I never told anyone what happened until two weeks ago.

There was a strong sense of denial at play. I grew up in a happy, upper-middle class family with two loving parents. Still, it happened. At age 11, it was a neighbor (a friend's stepdad); at age 13 it was an older teen at summer camp(camp counselor). There, I said it.