I try to keep my anger at my BF's family to myself. I recently went to a wedding and met a large portion of them. During the reception BF was triggered and had a flashback that sent him spiraling. I didn't cut lose and have a good time because I was constantly aware that anyone in the room could've participated in his abuse and they are all living their lives like its nothing, at least that was was my perception of it.

I want call his mother who knew abuse his abuse but took $300 a month to keep her mouth shut, I want to call her and scream " that's all he was worth to you, your son! $300!!! " as a mother it enrages me. But I keep my mouth shut and someday if we get married I will say a prayer every day that I don't hit her with a cast iron skillet.

I respect what you want to do, but admire that you realize its more about you than him. I so understand where you're coming from.