Its a fire-wire to our inner child. In fact, now that this topic has opened-up, I've realized so much more that there IS an inner-child, and that he's not a figment of psycho-babble hippie-sh%t. And this kid in the video is not displaying any trivial emotion. This sh*t is real, real, real!!!

I was never given, nor allowed to have a bear. I think it was from an issue my father had as a child...cuz I asked and asked and asked for one and never got one...but I never saw the inside of a toy-store either. Seriously...I never was allowed in a toy-store as a kid.

So I became very attached to a stuffed dog named Spottie. My daughter learned of him in some conversation years ago and it bugs her to no end that Spottie was left behind in the attic of my childhood house. She envisions asking the current owners to allow access to the attic to rescue Spottie and reunite me with him. If we drive through my hometown, she demands that we stop at the old house for Spottie. I get so choked-up, I can't even speak.

...and damn-it all, I have to leave the room every time she brings it up at home so I can go fall apart in private. I think I loved that stuffed dog more than any person in my childhood years.

These creatures NEVER betray us...never die...never frighten or hit us. They are ALWAYS there for us. They will listen to anything the child has to say or feel.

What other entity in our lives carries those attributes? For ANY child, abused or not, those are huge life-factors.

Edited by Still (10/18/12 12:27 PM)

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!