Jude - i know that feeling exactly. and i remember others here expressing it similarly.

i always feel like i don't belong. like i am different. like there is a big sign on my back that identifies me as a phony who is masquerading as a real guy. (notice i didn't even have the nerve to say "man.") like the others are just tolerating me and can see through me and will be glad when i leave. like i am an outcast who has deceptively infiltrated the ranks of the normals and is likely to be exposed at any moment. like i am outside myself observing how inept and what a big loser i am...

face it - we ARE different. we have experienced things that set us apart. we see things from a different perspective - and have deeper insights to some issues - and no common ground with normal guys in other areas. nobody ever taught us how to be one of the gang.

and sometimes i am glad that i am not as shallow and mindless and simplistic and as much of an instinctive animal as the way i see them. and other times i long to be just that - with no reason to have to even consider anything but the trivial stuff that occupies them.

in short - NO - you are not alone.
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago