Originally Posted By: Undefeated
Martin,

Don't feel guilty about your healing. I am happy for you. For each of us, it's hard to fully understand the different set of circumstances and obstacles each will have to face. I just try to be understanding that not everyone can or will understand my plight, nor can I understand everyone else's situation. It's tough when we aren't doing well, and someone else is doing good, but nice if we can be happy for them instead.

Alan

Whome, Glad you've had the opportunities. We all fight these things, and, honestly, some of us get sick of hearing "be positive and it'll all work out" routine that marginalizes our suffering saying, "hey, if only you were more positive..." In fact, I found it downright offensive. Have you walked in my shoes? Nope. I'm sick of the war and banging my head up against the wall because I don't know what the fuck to do to make it better. Could I be worse? Yeah, could be. I really don't care because I'd trade the last 40 years for all I got screwed out of and I'll give up an arm for it. Could it be worse? Yeah, but it isn't. Would I trade my lonely, hellish 40 years for something different? Yeah, 99% sure. Perhaps ask one of us obviously having a bad time what the fuck is wrong instead of saying "if you were only more fucking positive!"

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"