I know what you mean bro. It is society an most people as a whole. They are afraid to offend or hurt someone's feelings. It is what I call the puddinization of society. How dare we say this or say that because this person over here or thy person over there may get mad or upset and how dare we offend someone. I say sometimes in certain situations it is needed to hurt someone's feelings or step on their toes a little. Just my opinion tho. It is our own faults by default. We haven't , as men or a society, spoke out against it. Example, at the ballpark where I coach they won't even call out the first place teams name anymore because some kids may feel bad about being last. Too freaking bad. Thy feeling of being last should, in most cases , cause them to try harder and get better. They won't even call out the all star team in public. It is done off by a phone call in private. You can't acknowledge them and clap for their accomplishments because, as a whole society , we are scared to offend or hurt feelings. It is nothing but puddinization. There are a lot of examples but that one just popped in my head. But you are right , they forget about the kids and focus on the treatment of the offender. It is sad and nothing will be done until WE as a WHOLE stand up and be heard and accounted for. But we are too busy working, doing yard work, or being a parent and don't have time.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her