Just need to gripe a bit. Should have expected this.

Noticed some skin sensitivity developing on my right leg a week ago and, though it's been three years, I intuitively knew it was probably another case of shingles. Dammit. And, sure enough, the deep blisters are starting.

It's not so much that it's back to the Valtrex or Acyclovir, but this takes a couple months to run its course and heal as much as it's going to. It's painful, especially when I'm trying to get to sleep. Feels like I've got my foot permanently stuck in a bucket of ice water...painful AND numb. Weird.

With the stress of the past few months of dealing with CSA for the first time - despite years of other therapy - and unresponsive, sometimes downright nasty people among the mental health and legal professions, I felt lucky no infections had developed. I'd been vigilant on healthy eating, exercise and rest. I know from 20 years' experience that stress will take me down faster than anything. Thought I was out of the woods on that phase of things. Oh well...dammit...again.

Like I said, I just need to vent. This stuff pisses me off.

FWIW, I found an attorney I trust. I have a T who I like. Those were two priorities achieved. I suppose if there ever was a message to let others handle this shit for a while, this is it, huh?

Probably won't be my usual perky self for several weeks. And yes, please, if you have any good HIV or shingles jokes, post 'em or PM them to me because I get pretty crabby. This hurts 24/7 and distracts me.