Very interesting stuff Puffer. I can see how the stress of abuse causes a child to disconnect their active thoughts from what is happening. I know that happened to me with the sexual abuse and how my father treated me too. I had to disconnect in order to survive.

As for talking with a counselor, I am not sure that's helpful to me anymore. Fist of all, I have no financial resources for counseling. The counselor I went to for 10 sessions told me a few helpful things, but generally he harmed me a lot more than helped. He gave me reason to, "go off the deep end." Not only all this, but it's only because I saw him that I can't sue the Boy Scouts and my perp, because of Colorado's evil statute of limitations.

Here's the other message I got from counseling: When I got too old to appeal sexually to my perp, he didn't have anything to do with me. Rejection! My father never wanted me nor loved me and he bailed out on our family. Rejection again! When I had no money for counseling, the counselor didn't give a rip about me. Rejection again. So here's the message I get loud and clear. Sex and money = acceptance. Me, myself and I = rejection/loser/unwanted/not cared about/unloved