Jw -

i think the bottom line is - IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT. even if you had walked down the street nude with a sign on your back that said "rape me" - it would not have been your fault! whoever the perp(s) was (were) is (are) the one(s) to blame - and probably only he (they) can answer your question.

but - availability or accessibility is probly a big factor. if there were other boys who were equal to you in that circumstance, then it may have been a matter of who was most vulnerable, most insecure, most needing attention, least likely to resist or tell, least likely to have a protector or defender. some perps even have a favorite age, type and appearance they look for.

Perps can sense who is an easy target. i had no father and craved attention - i was sheltered and naive, i was physically weak, i was shy, lacked self-confidence, had a poor self-image, and i was a loner - so i was easy to pick off.

so there may be many reasons - but the FACT you need to ACCEPT, KNOW, BELIEVE and HANG ON TO is - IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT!!!

(and don't feel bad - we ALL go through this!)

Lee

Edited by traveler (10/08/12 11:59 PM)
Edit Reason: sp
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho