Well, I'm fairly new here too and I've gone through a massive amount of religious doubt and confusion ever since I figured out what I went through, so you're not alone in the slightest.

It's caused me to rethink a lot of what I believe and really try and get down to the root of how I should live my life. I personally grew up in a fundamentalist/literalist-type Christian church and have been looking into a lot of "wrong" things I was taught-- discrimination against people for their pasts, biological things they cannot change, etc.

So I sat down and wrote out a list of things I believe and tried to make it simple-- picked my personal focus to be more of beneficence and nonmaleficence-- the duties to do good when I can and the duty of not causing undue, intentional harm to someone.

I don't mean to talk about yourself, but I'd recommend starting there and see where that leads you. It's helped clarify things to a better degree myself-- hopefully you can accomplish similar.

You're doing something strong reaching out to learn from others. There's a stigma of asking for help being weak, but I'd compare it to learning from your coworkers-- if you get a new piece of equipment, you could either try and learn it yourself or talk with other people and learn it fast and accomplish the task together.