in a fit of over-zealous do-gooderism, i said yes to a request from my pastor. he asked me to mentor a young guy of 16 or so who he thought i could help. i don't know what i was thinking. i guess this kid has some issues that might be similar to mine in my youth. i don't know details yet cuz we haven't even talked more than to set up a meeting at a coffee shop. it is tomorrow and i am nervous. it could be really triggering for me - or it could be really healing - maybe both! and most of all i want to be supportive and encouraging and not let the young man down. so if you pray, please remember us - that it will go well and i'll be able to say the right things and have wisdom beyond my own limitations. no idea where this is gonna go...

thanks,
Lee
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho