I have seen both sides of this situation. I feel much like you do about this. I also see the way that my step sons focus is way off and then when he takes his medicine that he is more focused. It also makes him ill and lose weight. He I a really good kid but has a problem paying attention and understanding. When he takes his medicine it actually does help. I am concerned about the side effects tho. Me and my wife has had several discussion on this topic. I feel the way u do or I did. My stance has changed a little tho since seeing the medicine does help. She wants him to do well in school I why she gives him the medicine. Otherwise he gets in trouble for being goofy and trying to be a comedian. He does not take it during the summer while school is out tho.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her