I guess that recovery is like anything else in life. There are relative and proactive people/ ways of recovery. I know that after all my knee surgeries the doctors said I recovered quickly and was ahead in my therapy. I did alot of stuff at home to get better and heal quicker. Had I sat at home and just waited for my doc and my therapists to do all the exercises with me and for me then I would not have Ben healing or recovering as well. I see in my CSA recovery that it is harder than just sitting at home and doing leg extensions. It takes me reading and being honest with myself about reasonable goals. I feel like I am healing well. My rage is pretty much under control. I still get depressed at times tho. I know that God has helped me more than anything in this process and also having a caring wife that understands because she has done some reading as well. I don't tend to dwell on the fact that I was abused as much as I do te fact that it is over and I can not change it so let's get better from here. I got see my new T for our second appt tomorrow.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her