Vadrian, you are absolutely right, issues like these are swept under the carpet, people simply don't realize what kind of difficulties our society and it's teachings have on us especially growing up. It's so much more than just marriage like you said. This is what I meant by how immense of an issue this is. Thank you so much for your condolences, I hope I can find some people in my life that will do just that, accept, love, and embrace who I am. I think that's what I need right now.

Metolius, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you and to know it still happens today. That's another issue I have with the catholic church, is that they don't want to address this issue honestly and responsibly. I think I'm similar in a way, I too am a spiritual person, looking for what to keep and discard. For me, I believe God is personal. He reveals himself individually to everyone throughout their life. Maybe we have to search within ourselves to find God, because he's in everyone of us, as he is also in everything around us. We are all God's miracles, and for me this was so obvious when I fell in love for the first time. To see an imperfect person perfectly and see what a miracle they are. I want to thank you for your insight and wise words.

I'm always thankful for everything I hear on this site, it kinda makes me laugh. I feel like thanking everyone lol, it's just such an experience, it's so different because for once I feel like I'm not so alone anymore. And I can talk to people who have gone through a lot of the same things, and I can learn so much from the people here. I have so much respect for everyone here.