Hi Jay,

Even though I served for 30 years in the Canadian Navy, I know only the basics of the US Navy's policies and proceedures, so I'll give you my Canadian view.

I would not have switched trades more than once (water under the bridge now) unless I was given a different Medical Category - e.g. no longer allowed to go to sea.

Yes, your CSA in all probability was at least indirectly responsible for some of your behaviour but you have to be willing to take responsibility for your actions.

If you were doing well before I started having flash-backs and hadn't started counselling, it may be worth while to let your Divisional Officer know. That way, he could watch out for you, and if your behaviour started to change back to the old ways, get you (back) into therapy.

By transferring as much as you did, you have given the impression you don't know what you want to do. If you want to go up to an E-7, you have to now pick a trade and set out to prove to yourself and everybody else, especially those who will be doing your yearly evaluations and maintain excellent conduct especially with your history that you deserve to be promoted.

Good luck with your career, getting rid of your CSA demons and if you haven't seen a therapist, get one ASAP who is trained in trauma or preferably Male CSA.

WE ARE NOT VICTIMS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS!!!