CF et al -

i too have a problem with haircuts. partly from being touched, partly just having a guy behind me, partly because the step-father (abuser) was such a stickler for haircuts. i found that the female hairdressers in a unisex shop were not a problem for me. (guess it depends on who your perps were.)

other triggers = getting fitted for a tux or suit - all the measuring and touching. if i put the tape around myself and the tailor just reads it, it is not as bad.

public showers - still a problem = unless i can be alone. at camps and so on - i go early or late when no one else is around - but very anxious in case some one else comes along and there is just the 2 of us...

crowds - another trigger - i try to stay out of the thick press of people - along a wall or let the majority go ahead. i may be the last one to the parking lot - but i breathe easier.

learning to live with the triggers has been a big thing for me recently - helpful to hear others discuss it.

Lee
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho