A lot of the things you mentioned (showers, swimming, putting a belt on) really aggravate me, too. I have some physical issues that require assistance from other people for some every day things. It's been awhile since I've taken a shower or gotten dressed completely alone. Sometimes people who are trying to help get upset because I am frustrated and lash out. I always got frustrated with requiring help before the assault, but afterwards the frustration just got magnified x100. I see an OT and she says that severe trauma can mess with your brain's sensory integration. She says that is why sometimes physical touch feels like nails on a chalkboard to me now, when before the assault I was fine with situationally appropriate touch.

I can relate to not being ale to speak up in triggering situations. that is exactly what happened last time I went to the barber. He just kept doing his thing and I zoned out. I am sure it didn't help that it was kind of loud in there and the chemical smell made me nauseated.

My wife goes to some hairdresser that works out of her basement and sees one client at a time. But my wife is also completely OK with spending an outrageous amount of money on a haircut.

it is just weird that an everyday thing like a haircut would get me so stressed out now.

- Saint John of the Cross