Lately my wife has been on my back about getting a haircut. I agree with her that it's been awhile and that before my life completely fell apart, I would have gotten haircuts more often. I think she tries not to nag but she could be a little more subtle. "Look, they opened up some fancy barbershop in south orange." "Oh, there's a groupon for haircuts...do you want me to get it for you?" It's been a few months and I guess it bothers her because it's not the way I took care of myself before the rape.

I would have an easier time if it wasn't for the fact that people touching my head and hair is triggering--especially other men. The last time I went to the barber it was like nails on a chalkboard the whole time. WHen the rape happened, it was in the hospital and he used to run his fingers through my hair with this dry shampoo stuff. I still can't STAND the smell of that. I hate the idea of another man touching my hair. This ordinarily wouldn't be overwhelming but I have to deal with enough as it is.

- Saint John of the Cross