I look forward to seeing the program info.

I have looked into WOR's and stuff too. As an ASA survivor, I don't currently feel welcome. I know that the e-mails specifically mention men assaulted as adults now. That's a step in the right direction and I think it's great that you say that! But at the same time, I wonder what is actually offered to men like us.

If you read the copy on the main website, 99% of it is all about CSA and very little talks about the experience of a man raped as an adult. When the copy is written about victims they are usually referred to as "boys." I wasn't a boy, I was 27 years old. When people use language that isn't inclusive, I feel left out.

It's gotten to the point where if events, websites or books about sexual abuse don't specifically say that they help men assaulted as adults, I assume they aren't for me. Because most of the times I've inquired I've heard "I'm sorry to hear what happened to you, but we don't have the resources to help you at this time."

SO that's where I'm at. I've been burned a lot of times in my search for help. It's nice to know there are places I can go if I get upset. But since excluding me is upsetting, it would be even better if that didn't happen in the first place.

Edited by CruxFidelis (07/17/12 01:46 AM)

- Saint John of the Cross