Greeting my brothers!

How's everyone doing this summer? Hopefully, staying cool.

I have a question that I would like your help and advice on, please.

Due to my CSA flashbacks starting several years into my military career, thankfully only after I joined the reserves, I have had several bad years where I didn't earn 50 points, changed branches and career fields several times, did some less than professional acts and was threatened with discharge for non-satisfactory attendance at least twice.

I also took a two year leave of absence right before I was going to be discharged the last time and then had to transfer into yet another branch in short order and ended up in a job that doesn't suit me at all. By the time I sought professional help in dealing with CSA, the damage to my marriage, civilian career path, collegiate work and military career had my ship torpedoed, taking on water and listing slightly.

So here's my question for you all. Should I just stay in this career field, potentially make it to E-7 and then retire or I can transfer within the same service into a career field that suits my skills, background and interests to a T. I may not make it to E-7 but I will be finally matched with my mental aptitude, living up to my potential and heading toward self-actualization.

I was originally avionics and loved it but that ship has sailed. I'm now too old to apply for a commission and it's something I will regret for the rest of my days.

What do you all think? Please feel free to ask for any additional background or contact me offline via email or phone.

Thank you all for your advice. Take care and heal well.

Your brother,

Jay

The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict. Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.