I'm sorry but I refuse to accept the tired old saw of "coverage of CSA benefits ASA as well." This is simply a falsehood. Coverage of CSA issues generally has no ASA component in them whatsoever. Organizations that provide CSA services generally do not have ASA services. The mass media is reluctant to cover ASA issues unless it is from the female perspective.

I also refuse to accept the idea of "wait a time with patience." My patience has been exhausted. ASA survivors should not be told to sit, or be content with sitting, in the shadows. I am tired of being ignored. I am tired of being told "we have no services for you." I am tired of continually having to rephrase books to suit my circumstances or hide my trauma so that others may be more comfortable.

I do feel for the victims. It is not a lack of compassion for them. It is simply an issue of parity. Until ASA achieves parity with CSA, adult male survivors will continue to be "second class survivors". Part of the reason this trial received the attention it did was because it was Sandusky AND the victims were children. If the victims had been students at Penn State (or even his own football players) this trial would not have received any attention and may not have gone to trial. The students would have probably been accused of being gay and "wanting it", or "why didn't [the student] defend himself", or some other nonsense. Do these sound familiar to anyone?

In the end, I know the conviction was the right thing. He will be in prison for the rest of his life.

Brian
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)