It's sad that this kind of thing happens in Basic. A place where you are totally under the control of the Drill Instructor, a position of trust, and this kind of crap happens. The more interesting thing is, if this happened to 31 females; just think of how many men this had to happen to.

This is a lot worse than Sandusky. How many memorable drill instructors have been portrayed in Hollywood? R. Lee Ermey as "Gunnery Sergeant Hartman" in "Full Metal Jacket" or Jack Webb as "Technical Sergeant Jim Moore" in "The D.I.". But how many people are as excited about these memorable creatures abusing someone in their charge? This has received a fraction of the attention from the media. Anyone else sensing a pattern here?

Personally, I think the plea deal for the one that got off with 9 months should be tossed. "Indecent contact" my tush!

Let's talk legalities for a minute. The maximum penalty for a violation of Article 120, UCMJ, is death. Why hasn't the military sought more convictions under Article 120? How come most of the convictions are for violating a lawful general order or conduct unbecoming?

Brian
"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)