Like obsidian glass,
charred in a volcano's belly,
and spewed out upon an earth that hates us from our first touch,
we are not what we once were,
like sands through the hourglass,
we roamed free of pain and suffering,
all that is now past,
today we are crystalline,
cracked and shattered,
bits and pieces we used to be whole
what is left behind is forever marked
the heat that was our abuse
forever changed Us,
no longer sand, or soft, or beautiful,
we are rigid, fragile, (frozen) like glass...
and we have reached the breaking point.....
What I wish the world knew about ASA or CSA is that even though they may not have experienced it, that they should advocate for it. They should know:
1) Every time they hear about it, it is True.
2) Silencing a victim is equal to the assault!!!
3) Some things are worse than death.
4) Silence = tolerance of rape.
5) Nothing can undo it.
6) The ONLY choice survivors ever make is to tell. (So LISTEN!)
7) You only get ONE chance to believe....so take it.
8) If you don't like hearing about it, remember that the pain they felt upon the original event will be much more severe than the pain you feel from them telling you. They couldn't get away or you wouldn't be hearing this.....so be quiet and LISTEN.