Hi Guys,

I was speaking to group T the other night, asking her if she knew of more recent books about and for those who were sexually abused/ assaulted as adults.

I also asked her for any information she might be able to get from the professional associations to which she belongs.

She told me that until she was given the ASA Resource thread, she never knew of any books about and for ASA.

She also said that she hasn't seen any information regarding ASA in the professional associations.

Further research on my own shows that the only research being done regarding adult males who were sexually assaulted as adults is being done in the UK.

There is NO research being done, anywhere, regarding adult males who have been sexually abused as adults.

This puts us in a difficult position.

We need help, but to get the help, we have to break the silence and let the therapeutic community know that we exist and that we need them to educate themselves.

I have searched for contact information for the authors of the books on the list. I figured that would be a good place to start.

Michael Scarce, the author of Male on Male Rape: The Hidden Toll of Stigma and Shame (1997) can be reached here:

http://www.michaelscarce.com/contact.html

I have not yet been able to find information Richie J. McMullen author of Male Rape: Breaking the Silence on the Last Taboo.

I found a google reference to the editor, Gillian C.Mezey, but not contact information. The same for the author Michael B. King, Male victims of Sexual Assault.

I would like as many of you as possible to contact Michael Scarce. It is a place for us to start to be heard, and to be heard by someone who has an interest in the topic, at least as far as the assault of adult males are concerned.

I will be asking my T when I see her later this month for information regarding the professional associations to which she belongs.

It is disheartening that there is so little attention being paid to the abuse and assault of adult males.

Just as those before us had to clamor to be heard and to get the therapeutic community off their collective duffs, so will we, if we want things to change.

Anomalous