Eric

I don't think straight is better and I'm not anti-gay. I think that there is currently a one-sidedness on this issue and I counter that when I see it.

I don't think any group gets to claim that they know the basis of orientation (i.e., right-wing Christians) and that treatment only goes in the direction of either acceptance or self-hate if there is no acceptance. Its not black and white.

There are a lot of hang-ups, in ALL communities because we are all people with the same fears and issues just being exhibited in different manifestations.

I avoid making blanket statements or "rules" about sexuality. I simply carve out room for alternatives to either complete acceptance of homosexuality or the alternate idea that if not acceptance, that equals self-hate.

That's the only reason I get involved in this - to counter one-sidedness mixed with the latest inconclusive science and a heaping side of agenda. I like to remind whoever wants to read that there are other ways of seeing this issue. That's it.

There is something else here. To voice my side of this issue, it is AUTOMATICALLY perceived as an attack ON THAT PERSON that happens over and over and over. It is simply not the case but I see a pattern of projection onto my words of some inner sense of rejection that these men feel and that they have an extremely difficult time of not taking things personally.

You said you read without passion. I have learned on here to generally do that with all posts. In my opinion, its an internet skill developed over time to not demonize the other and to not insinuate or call names and if I feel that urge, step away and do not hit "post".

Always glad to see you adding to the mix.

Ed