On April 6, 2012, a civil jury unanimously found Father Michael Kelly guilty of sexually assaulting a 37 year old man when he was ten years old and an altar boy at the Cathedral of the Annunciation in Stockton.

In addition to working as a priest at the Cathedral of the Annunciation in Stockton, Kelly has also been the priest at St. Joachim's Catholic Church in Lockeford from 1994 until last week, when he was forced to resign.

We know that there are many victims of Kelly out there who have too afraid to come forward. Now, the brave victim who spoke out in the civil trial has paved the way for you; please come forward.

I am a victim's advocate and not affiliated with law enforcement. If you are a victim of Father Kelly, or know of one, please send me a private message here and I will send you my phone number.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120407/A_NEWS/204070327/-1/A_NEWS02

STOCKTON - The jury in a civil trial found that Father Michael Kelly should be held liable on three counts related to child molestation, according to the lawyer of his accuser.

Attorney John Manly said Friday a civil jury unanimously agreed his client, a 37-year-old man identified in court papers as John TZ Doe, was molested by Kelly while Kelly was a priest at Annunciation Cathedral in Stockton. The plaintiff was a student at Annunciation school in the 1980s.

Edited by pluckmemory (04/10/12 01:18 PM)