Originally Posted By: Thebo

Lee, what age group do you teach?

High school in an international K-12 school. I teach English and several electives - so i get nearly all the kids sooner or later in one or more of my courses. the troubled ones seem to gravitate to the arts electives. Though it is supposed to be kids of the "priviledged" you'd be surprised - or maybe not! - at how much hurt and neglect there is...

You felt weird in your forties image this 58 year old man.

me too! this is a 3rd career for me - went back to univ. at over 50 to get education courses to teach what i'd been doing professionally forever. very surreal...

This Thursday's topic is adult survivors. Think good thoughts, light a candle, say a prayer, but send out any vibe that will help me get through.

i will be doing (E) All of the above - on your behalf!

I feel stupid all the time, but the teachers love me because the class can discuss ...
However, I use my intellect, wit, etc. to create smoke screens.

right - i discovered that they were all interested to talk with someone who'd been in the real world - not just the ivy-covered ivory towers - and had "war stories" to tell. did a lot for my self-esteem.

Guys, for the first time this week I have admitted to myself that I am a very emotionally and psycholgically sick man. I know I'm not pathological or psychotic, but I know I am sick. It hurts, but for some reason I am actually relieved.

GOOD - i've discovered the importance of "naming" the truth in order to overcome it. not fun - but valueable and strengthening!keep at it.

with you in the journey...
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9