yes, I've had several - even more at risk of suicide - also cutters, and other serious situations - LOTS of depression and just had a bout with bullying.

I have been able to intervene in a number of cases and refer kids for counseling - several success stories there. but the worst are the suspected CSA - i've posted about one kid - i asked him point blank once after class - he denies there is anything going on, but lots of symptoms that sure point that way. i can't help if he doesn't want it. but i drop lots of good info in lit class as we are studyinging books and poems and plays with related themes. i met with his parents and they are aware of the problem and have him in therapy so that is good.

another family that totally neglected their 3 kids. girl turned everywhere else for affection and acted out in very provocative ways - scared me. boy ran away at 15 and is still missing a year and a half later. youngest boy just trying to be "good" but often hungry and sad. mom left and dad holes up in his room all the time or goes to the gym. parents have been reported - nothing changes.

yeh - i get triggered by kids frequently - but glad i can be a "catcher in the rye" for a few of them.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago