L.A.D.
Ah yes - we're among the 2/3 of survivors who DON'T act out in that way and become perps ourselves. But what do you always hear about? The 1/3 who end up as abusers. And you even hear the statement "MANY" victims become abusers themselves." OK - so 1/3 is a terrible amount - BUT it is not the majority! And it makes me cry inside every time I hear it. Makes me want to dig my hole deeper and bury myself without any thought of coming up again. I don't dare tell my story because I'll automatically be branded as a pedo/perp. Regardless of the fact that I am so tied up in knots that I can't have any kind of physical relationship - whether normal or abnormal - it's all equally scary. Suddenly I become a suspect instead of a victim. This issue comes closest to making me mad of just about anything - and my anger has been pretty effectively anesthetized by my perps, too - along with nearly every other emotion - healthy or not. I'd rather die than hurt anyone else like I was hurt. That's the biggest deterrent I can imagine.
- Lee

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself... And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." - Paulo Coelho