Quote:
I cant watch 3-D movies without my eyes watering and hurting...

The ability to see 3D requires that both eyes see equally well or work together as a team.

A lot of our patients do not understand what the "Hype" is all about when taken to a 3D

movie. It gives them headaches and looks blurry, not "Cool and Jumping out at you"

I found this explanation and it is in laymen's terms for all to understand:

Quote:
You can't see 3-D because you don't have binocular vision or are not using your binocular vision with the glasses. If your eyes don't point in the same direction, two widely divergent images are presented to your image processing centers, and the images can't be melded into a single view of the world with depth. The solution is to select one image and suppress the other. Peripheral vision continues to be used in both eyes. Sometimes the image from one eye is permanently suppressed.

This is not a small problem. It's something that needs to be treated. It's called strabismus. Sometimes people with strabismus develop another condition called nystagmus.

Binocular vision is learned generally by about four months, after which the cells responsible for this incredible feat of image processing very gradually fade, getting co-opted for something else or dying. People in their sixties have learned binocular vision, but it becomes difficult with age - just as learning a first second language becomes more difficult.

Treatment for strabismus can be as simple as eye exercises, patching and using prisms. Do something about this; don't go through life with hobbled eyesight and lacking the sense of depth perception. 3-D movies are one thing; driving is another far more important use of all the capabilities of your vision.

Be sure to visit a Behavioral Optometrist who is a member of COVD for your diagnosis.