Generally, guys are not aware of, or made aware of candida, because it's primarily a woman's hurdle--namely yeast infections, urinary tract infections, and the like.

However, I discovered I had candida 2 years back when I started taking iodine (Lugol's) in larger doses. I developed inflamed red spots in my armpits, and also a surfacing case of Athlete's foot. I have a online group I can throw questions out to regarding iodine use, and I did so. I finally discovered it was candida albicans, and I've done a bit of study on it, both on and off-line.

Some of its main symptoms are these:

* an incapacitating fatigue
* problems with concentration and short-term memory
* flu-like symptoms such as pain in the joints and muscle
* extreme tightness in the shoulders and neck
* hyper-acidity/acid reflux
* brown colored mucus in the back of the throat
* blisters in the mouth/tongue/throat
* either white or "blood blisters"
* un-refreshing sleep
* sore throat
* white coated tongue
* dark circles under the eyes
* an aversion to being touched or jumping
* "crawling" skin
* chronic sinus problems and headaches including migraines
* chronic dental problems

But one thing I've recently discovered are the psychological effects of candida. Here are the main ones:

* depression
* irritability
* anxiety
* panic attacks
* recurring obsessive thoughts
* personality changes and mood swings (irrational rage or crying for no reason - fear of talking to people, any kind of confrontation, isolation)
* paranoia

My irratibility and anxiety increased greatly over the summer while I stayed home. My mood wasn't generally good, but I wasn't around people consistently. I avoided people, job interviews, relatives, 12 step friends, and anybody face-to-face mostly. I even started feeling fearful of "being known" by guys here. Anxiety was creeping up quickly and suddenly.

I got curious about health stuff again one day and found the above info about candida. I had to really reduce/stop consuming sugary products regularly, and I also use iodine and/or food grade hydrogen peroxide as a yeast killer. I've never taken the pre>