I think a lot of people do things totally contrary to the wishes of God in his name. Here are a few:

1. The crusades
2. the 9-11 highjackers
3. the nun in RJD's post
4. the salem witch trials
5. the spanish inquisition
etc.
etc.

I also think about movies like Indiana Jones where he pretty much breaks every one of the ten commandments to get hold of the box that contains them. What an idiot! I don't think God wants you to shhot some guy so you can get the box that holds the tablet that says "thou shalt not kill". Same thing with the third Indiana Jones Movie.

By the same token though:

1. The "son of Sam" serial murderer blamed his dog (who was named Sam).
2. The Manson family blamed the Beatles for writing "helter skelter" which supposedly caused them to kill.
3. The guy who shot president Reagan supposedly did it for Jodie Foster.

I dont blame Sam (the dog) for serial murders, I don't blame the Beatles for the manson family murders, I don't blame Jodie Foster for president Reagan's attack and I don't blame God for stupid things people do and blame on him.

I agree with this statement:
Quote:
Ghandi is supposed to have said something like "I have come to admire Jesus Christ and His teachings. What a pity He has so few true followers."
Those nuns were not followers of God when they did those things. If you listen to his words he condemns people like that, and people who did stuff like I mentioned above supposedly in his name. I used to blame God for stuff like that, then I read the bible and went to church and listened and found out he doesnt condone any of that stuff.

This is something most people dont do:
Quote:
Preach the gospel always, if necessary use words.
-St. Francis of Assisi

Most people think that if you go to church and listen or pick up the bible and read, you are going to find all the stupid behaviors of people who claim to follow him I listed above, but you will really find quite the opposite. I was shocked when I actually sat down and read the bible and saw what Jesus said to do after 32 years of watching people who claimed to follow him (and didn't) do the opposite.

Now that I think about it, Jesus himself even talked about the guys who claimed to follow God and didn't. He said something like: "Do as they say, but not as they do."

Quote:
Can't we all just get along?
I think we can

peace
Mo_Healing (Les_Angry)