I'm still looking for a good hotel deal near to public transport. Maybe the Doubletree Suites in Jersey City, ride the PATH train to 33rd St then the subway to Columbus Circle? That hotel is nearly brand new. I can get it for $136/night in either a king suite or a double queen suite. Parking there is only $20/night with full in & out privileges. But it would take around 30 minutes to ride the train from the Pavionia PATH station to Columbus Circle too.

Or the Comfort Inn Flushing is cheap, close to LaGuardia, and just 3 blocks from the #7 train to Times Square. There is an Extended Stay America hotel near Newark Airport that runs $89/night too. You could take the train into Penn Station from there too. I think that it was Orbitz that wanted only $159/night for a double twin room at the Excelsior Hotel at 81st St and Central Park West too, just steps from the subway there too, and only two stops away from Columbus Circle too.

Still looking, the deal at the Embassy Suites is over frown Every time that I find a decent deal Trip Adviser gives the place a lousy review!!! Except they give the Doubletree-Jersey City 4.7 out of 5 stars!!! it is probably this week's best deal out there!!!

Anyone want to share a room at the Doubletree-Jersey City??? It might be good to have a car there too.

Mark