Hey Broken,

I'm with you!

I'm still working on the "not being ruled by shame or fear" part, but I agree that it sucks to allow that to be. I am living, I am loving, and I want to live free!

You are NOT alone!

And love is certainly not dead. I had to wait 27 years to find the proof of that, but my girl has made it worth the wait!

It's so good to hear from you again, B! I was worried that the move meant that you wouldn't be able to post here again for a long time. I'm glad to see that's not true.

It is good to see that your optimism is still there, through all the difficulties that rear their heads. Moving out on my own after college graduation was a very trying time for me as well. No job. Mounting bills. A bike, but no car. Parents offering me to move back in with them.

I refused to give in. I was going to make it work. I had to get a job at freakin' Blockbuster, get another job through a temp agency, and ride buses for hours. My bike was stolen, and I had to borrow money from my credit cards (a bad idea, don't ever do it). But eventually, I found what I was looking for, and things turned around.

I've been on my own (with roommates) since 1996. I still get overwhelmed with financial stuff, but I'm making it. You will too!

We're in this together!

Jeremy