This is an awesome thread, though I must admit it took quite a while to read smile I am impressed by those that opened up and asked for their standing ovation and moved by the responses that have been given.

One of the things I enjoyed about the WoR at Kirkridge last year is the piano that's in the main meeting room. It gave me a place to ground myself - even in the middle of the night - not to mention to relax me and bring peace.

I was asked to play something the last morning. I still remember the heart-pounding silence when I sat on the bench. But it's what happened after that I can never forget. When I stopped playing there was applause. I didn't think much at first because I kinda assumed there would be a polite response from everyone. But when I stood and turned around, my legs almost gave way beneath me.

Everyone in the room was on their feet.

Now, with all the years I've played and been involved in different events, I've started to get used to applause, although the occasional ovation always felt great. But this was different. This was from my peers! Guys suffering from SA and working at opening up to each other. Wet eyes, dry eyes - and standing. I'll never be the same.

I just want to take a minute and give everyone that was at that WoR a STANDING OVATION. Then I want to give another for all the people here. Whether fellow survivors, friends, or family - my heart has been moved many many times by the love and acceptance "within these walls".

You are all worthy of a standing ovation!

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

M

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013