Welcome to our support site. I think that you will find us to be a caring and supportive bunch of guys. I would suggest looking through our bookstore off of the homepage and maybe cross-referencing some of the titles through Amazon.com to see how recent that they are. Amazon will also give you a synopsis and related titles by the author. Therapist Mic Hunter, who wrote the classic recovery book ABUSED BOYS nearly 20 years ago, has had several more recent works. His last book came out last year and is about military SA. He works through the substance-abuse facility Hazelden in Minnesota and has an office in St. Paul. One of our members (Ken Singer) is currently writing his own book but I don't as yet know of a release date. There are portions of his book in several topics on the site.

On this site they are fond of promoting Mike Lew's book. This site also runs several intensive recovery weekends yearly in the US and Canada, and we are still hopeful that we can include either the UK or Europe in that schedule soon. One of our most senior members is a Professor at Oxford, and we have several other members from the UK too.

I found this recent link from Larry, (Roadrunner) that you might find useful: http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=265002#Post265002 Larry is the Professor that I mentioned above

Glad that you found us. You are not alone here. Remember that what happened was not your fault.

Most of the action is on the survivor forum.

Again, welcome to MS.

Mark

Edited by Trucker51 (12/05/08 01:26 PM)
Edit Reason: Added link