I got a copy of the Oprah magazine with the article about survivors and their families and suggested to my husband he might want to read it. He said no, he didn't see why he should. He really doesn't want to talk about the CSA or think about it. I realize I should have left it at that. But I (stupid, stupid me!)tried to explain why I thought he might find it useful to read about other people's experiences.(Big mistake). We both went to sleep rather ticked off. The next day he was withdrawn and silent and wouldn't let me touch him in the morning. I felt really bad about it, but after work he asked me where the magazine was. I gave it to him and said that he really shouldn't read it unless he wanted to. Finally he just yelled, "give me the damn magazine" and I did. He read it and was silent. He said, "I don't really relate to those guys at all. I'm not angry" and that was all. I know it upset him terribly and I'm sorry that I brought the stupid thing home. Last night I really got the silent treatment, again he didn't want me to touch him and so on. This morning he said if I ever brought it up again he was going to leave. He said evytime I brought it up he felt victimized and he wasn't going to take it any more. I thought he meant he was going to leave me. He got angry that I would think that he would leave over that. So basically, he's angry. I think he's probably suffering inside. I've apologized many times through all of this, but I don't think he has or can hear me. I could kick myself for being so insensitive and thoughtless. I really was trying to help, but I've made things worse for him. I know this probably isn't as awful a scenario as some on this board are living through, but I feel absolutely physically sick about it. I haven't gone to confession in years but I was thinking of going so that someone could give me absolution, maybe. I think he'll get over this, but I didn't want to bring him any more pain than he already had (his abuser was his dad). I don't know how I can ever make this up to him. Somebody tell me something please, even if its only to tell me what a true jerk I was.