Very soon I head to court to face my perp. It's been many years in the making. Iím feeling a bit apprehensive, but also a bit excited. Itís kind of like heading into a MMA cage match fight and the referee calls out ďlet's get ready to rumbleĒ. Iím also going back to a small community that I grow up in (where much of the abuse occurred). I remember many years back during the cold war, I had wished the Russians would send over a missile and blow the place of the map! Iím also apprehensive about seeing a lot of people I havenít seem for so long, wondering what they will think of me now. Some of those people will include my Dad and two of my brothers who donít speak to me anymore because of the sexual abuse case Iíve brought forward. I was a little boy THEN, and I am an adult NOW. I feel I owe it to the little boy inside me, and also owe it to the other many little boys that have gone through similar experiences. Someone must stand up to the plate and get the job done, so why not me. I am afraid, but I will go through with this, and I will do my best to have this man convicted (hopefully for a long time). Wish me luck, I may need it!

Edited by scotia1 (09/22/08 03:50 AM)