Originally Posted By: Thomas J
ok u lost me walkingsouth. i dunno what all those words mean. but the guy won like lots of money so now he dont gotta work he can buy a nice place t take kids now sry but i think that sucks. even if nobody agrees with me i think it sucks. tj

You're right, TJ. It does suck. No two says about it. Thing is, I have a choice to make at this point. I can get angry about it, vent and rage, take that anger out on the kids and the dog, or I can realize there's not much I can do about the bastard winning all that money.

Once I've realized that I can then decide what there is I can do about this and similar problems that come up in the future. I can contact my state legislator and lobby him for laws that might make it so his winnings go to victims of crime, perhaps, or I can find various other ways to channel my energy in a way that is helpful to child victims of sexual abuse.

It's just that it's clear to me that anger is pretty useless because as Christopher says, it's a secondary emotion that covers up the real stuff, the stuff that can really do us some good if we focus there instead of on the anger.

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy ____…! What a ride!’” ~Hunter S. Thompson