Originally Posted By: Thomas J
ok u lost me walkingsouth. i dunno what all those words mean. but the guy won like lots of money so now he dont gotta work he can buy a nice place t take kids now sry but i think that sucks. even if nobody agrees with me i think it sucks. tj

You're right, TJ. It does suck. No two says about it. Thing is, I have a choice to make at this point. I can get angry about it, vent and rage, take that anger out on the kids and the dog, or I can realize there's not much I can do about the bastard winning all that money.

Once I've realized that I can then decide what there is I can do about this and similar problems that come up in the future. I can contact my state legislator and lobby him for laws that might make it so his winnings go to victims of crime, perhaps, or I can find various other ways to channel my energy in a way that is helpful to child victims of sexual abuse.

It's just that it's clear to me that anger is pretty useless because as Christopher says, it's a secondary emotion that covers up the real stuff, the stuff that can really do us some good if we focus there instead of on the anger.