Its been a while since I have been here to this forum and posted but I am not aware of any pedohile ring like that. I did some digging by google searching and found a claim about a daughter of an Apostle and his son in law had been abusing theirs and other children.
I have also seen a few examples where bishops have failed to report child abuse to the police and their stake president. Child Abuse is a serious moral transgression and always result in excommunication from the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As saints we see it as an unforgivable sin and these sinners are excommunicated from the Saints.

A church that professes to be the Church of Jesus Christ follow the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ and respond with love and respect for truth and all the paths that lead to it.

As far as I am concerned I believe the Savior made clear the seriousness of anyone causing harm or offending "these little ones." As recorded in Matt. 18:6 "It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea" (Matt. 18:6).

If you are a Saint yourself you know that everyone in the Church can choose not to raise your right arm to the square and sustain any in any church Calling, including the General Authorities. If anyone have evidence of child abuse it is important to report it both to the police and higher Church Leaders. If anyone have evidence against General authorities they are free to present this evidence, and they will be heard and Church disciplinary courts will take the necessary actions. And hopefully the wordly courts theirs.

Edited by Niels (04/05/08 07:49 PM)