So today I bought a bike -- mountain bike, to be more specific, at Target. 21 speeds! I think that's a good thing (?) LOL

It has been a goal of mine to do more biking instead of riding the bus as soon as it got warm enough, and not icy. Since my work is only 2.7 miles from my house (I'm so anal, I mapquested the distances. LOL) -- and pretty much everything else I go to, except my Saturday meeting, is even closer, I thought it seemed reasonable.

I want to do it for my health mostly -- and possibly to lose some weight. I'm not that big, but I don't enjoy how I look in the mirror or in pictures, etc, and if I'm honest I am over weight. My body has been on my mind a lot lately, and I don't like it. I don't think exercise would hurt my depression either.

So a little is vanity and a little is good health. LOL

So I rode the bike home from Target -- which is 1.3 miles. I tell ya, I'm a lot more out of shape than I imagined. I was pretty winded just going that far, and I felt that pain in my side that I haven't felt since high school gym class. LOL

I guess I'll just have to work through it and get use to it. I'm sure as I do it more, I'll more accustomed to biking. But I felt like a total ...dork...when I was stopping about half way. lol. Since it's been about 5 or 6 years since I've done any real exercising, I can't really beat myself up too much.

I'm really excited about this though. I have a lot of drive and motivation so far. It's unusual for me to be this motivated in the exercise department, so I must really want it.

Wish me luck! Any advice on biking is welcomed! I'm such a newbie! LOL