"This is a forum in which survivors may express and discuss their spiritual journey as it relates to the abuses they’ve encountered. Posters are encouraged to share in first person narrative how spirituality or “spiritual” persons positively or negatively impacted their life, abuse situation, and/or healing journey. Discussions on a wide range of spiritual topics or belief structures are also welcome.

MaleSurvivor recognizes that a survivor’s spiritual journey is often times something he holds very close and dear. Because of that it is asked that all postings in this forum be made with consideration and respect for other users. Statements that marginalize ANY group or belief structure, or remarks that specifically demean or otherwise target them for criticism, will be subject to editing or removal by the moderators."
Translation: Speak freely about your beliefs, so long as you can figure out a way to do it without anyone holding contrary beliefs feeling contradicted and thus "marginalized", "demeaned" or "targeted" " for critisism.

Lot's of luck atheists. Alright, I'm not saying you always have to slam another belief system to talk about your own, .. but, how do you suppose an atheist such as myself would "share in first person narrative how spirituality or “spiritual” persons positively or negatively (underline mine) impacted their life, abuse situation, and/or healing journey" without making statements that could be seen as ones that " marginalize ANY group or belief structure, or remarks that specifically demean or otherwise target them for criticism"?

Tell me what the MaleSurvivor politically correct way would be to say that i was as much hurt by the shame and fear of Christianity as i was by my abuse and that the two re-enforced each other. How would i go about rephrasing that so that Christians reading it somehow do not think of it as in any way critisizing their cherished beliefs?

Beliefs can be precious to us, but if we really believe those beliefs, words can not threaten them....that's why people and their need to communicate freely about whatever they need to in order to help them recover should, in my opinion be more important than popular belief systems being "sacred cow" subjects.

Hopefully my "Thread For Spiritual Minorities" in the "Open Forum" will be more able to reflect these priorities.