I see that the problem is a judicial system that has to make laws that have a definite line that cannot be crossed. Situational ethics would take into account what was going on to interfer with the 15 year olds thought patterns. My own experience with a boy my age wasn't thought of as right or wrong it was just done, we never talked about it or acted indifferent towards each other it was just done. Taught by a perp, no doubt
but not given any value, positive or negative. A compassionate system, and I am aware of the flaws in expecting that to come about, would have seen the flags go up on the boy long before the line was crossed and the regimented arm of the law took over. The lost boy has just been pushed farther down the tunnel and for all practical purposes, his life is over; his perp won by law.
I also have compassion for his victims, what I am saying is that if our system had the right focus it would watch for symptoms in children in our schools, churches, community clubs, etc. and nudge these damaged members of the human herd into a protective environment.
But that's idealism and the fact is that we will have to watch as our brothers are misunderstood, make poor decisions and pay with their lives without us being able to help them. At other times we will catch the situation in time and help to save another brother from the destructive life that is in his path.
Getting this topic out into mainstream conversation is a must. Not for the sensationalism of it, which I think in the long run does more damage by desensitizing people toward CSA, but as a serious community problem to be solved by think tanks with good community communication links.

Lovingly,
Dan