Ok, yes, I know I said I was going to take a break for awhile, but after discussing the situation with a good friend on here, I am feeling better. I have been feeling pretty overwhelmed with life in general and I got pretty defensive. Sorry about that.

I am so sick of the highs and lows of recovery in our relationship. One day things are good, he's finding some great insights on his own, the next day we're clawing at each other (metaphoricly speaking) because we're both so frustrated.

However, I did want to share that we watched Reign Over Me last night with Adam Sandler and it had a phenominal effect on him. I think it was seeing Sandler's character trying so hard to avoid anything that reminded him- of his own denial, own repressing of memories & feelings.

It really clicked for him in a way I don't think he ever would have gotten otherwise. I'm not sure where this will lead things. Quite honestly, I'm often left scared to death of how far down this rabbit hole goes down.

And I think it was good for him to see that therapy isn't so much about the therapist trying to "fix" people as help them to see themselves and life more clearly.

Lately, I have wanted to hide myself away. I didn't want to try to reach out to anybody. But this is when I need to even more. I'm sorry I've been moody to anybody lately. Please forgive me, I'm a work in progress.

V.

Edited by violet (11/06/07 06:31 PM)