.....What do I do about the relationship my kids have with him? We do not leave our children alone with his brother, and never have. He has been a part of our family since I have been married to my husband. However my husband made the step to not speak or have anything to do with him anymore. In the last two months......When he started speaking to a theripst! "So he can get the proper help he needs to deal with the anger, and begin his true recovery."
Our kids have had a relationship with their uncle since they were born. They don't see him much, as we have nothing to do with him now. But my husband and I don't know what to do. We don't want to speak to him, yet our kids want to run up to him and hug him. Like today in church. My husband does not want to go anywhere else, so we will still attend the same church. He would rather his brother leave. We don't feel it would be right for us to just tell our kids that they can't speak to him anymore. So what then could we do? Anything at this time will be very helpful. I was very uncomforable seeing my daughter wrapped up in the arms that hurt my husband at the same age as she is now!